JOB ADVERTISEMENT FOR A TEACHER OF MATHEMATICS FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL/UPPER PRIMARY
Wellspring Academy is a non-denominational Christian school that was created with a vision of producing a new generation of Servant leaders to bless Rwanda and display the best of Rwanda to the world.
Wellspring Academy is a complete school from Kindergarten through grade 12. The Academy delivers the Cambridge Curriculum from the primary section through high school.
Wellspring Academy seeks to recruit highly skilled, dedicated, and experienced and Christ centered staff for the following positions hereafter.
Becoming a staff at Wellspring Academy requires:
- To be a maturing disciple of Jesus Christ – thoroughly committed and practicing basic disciplines which stimulate growth in Christ.
- Decision analysis and decision making abilities, in determining how best to aid students in the learning process.
- Frequent meetings with school administrators, teachers, and other staff to communicate information, data, and alternative problem solutions.
- To passionately embrace and pursue a Christ-centered vision for her/his life.
Duties and responsibilities
- Organize and create weekly lessons for middle school (upper primary) classes.
- Maintain high professional standard consistent with the mission of Wellspring Academy.
- Be responsible active supervision of students at all times and for classroom management.
- Assess and document student progress.
- Implement lesson plans, utilizing techniques to motivate, challenge and engage students.
- Interact effectively and respond to all parent communication in a professional, empathetic, and timely manner.
- Participate in faculty meetings, committees, and professional development opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with other teachers, staff, and administration.
- Should be punctual and well groomed.
- Should be able to manage any other responsibility assigned by the management from time to time.
Qualifications and experience:
- Supports the aims, mission and vision of Wellspring Academy
- Treats all members of the school community with respect and consideration
- Treats all students fairly, consistently and without prejudice
- Sets a good example to students in terms of appropriate dress, punctuality and attendance
- Thinks creatively and to find innovative teaching methods and practical outcomes
- Develops and monitor strategies to maximize student potential
- Works hard with competing deadlines
- Believes in the importance of teamwork
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in education with mathematics is required.
- At least two years of teaching experience in an International school with Cambridge System.
Interested candidates should send an application letter and updated Curriculum Vitae in English, including 3 names of professional referees to email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org
Only electronic applications will be accepted. Deadline for receiving applications is June 08th 2018.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.