JOB ADVERTISEMENT FOR A SECONDARY DEPUTY PRINCIPAL
Reports to: Wellspring Academy School Principal
Job description & terms of reference
Wellspring Academy is a non-denominational Christian school that was created with a vision of producing a new generation of Servant leaders to bless Rwanda and display the best of Rwanda to the world.
Wellspring Academy is a complete school from Kindergarten through grade 12. The Academy delivers the Cambridge Curriculum from the primary section through high school.
Wellspring Academy seeks to recruit highly skilled, dedicated, and experienced and Christ centered staff for the following positions hereafter.
Nature and Scope of Job:
The Wellspring Academy Secondary Deputy Principal assists the School Principal in the instructional leadership, staff personnel, Curriculum development and assessment, Students’ discipline, Public relations, Resource management, Staff Professional growth and in any other duty as assigned by the Principal in the process of achieving the school vision and mission.
The Secondary Deputy principal will report to the School Principal on the overall administration of instructional program and the general school level operations.
Required Spiritual Qualities
- Acknowledge Christ as Savior and seek to live life as his/her disciple.
- Demonstrate a desire for spiritual growth as evidenced by his or her prayer life, Bible study, and spiritual outreach to others.
Required Professional Qualities
- Hold a Master’s degree from an accredited higher learning institution. Having served as a Vice-Principal or school administrator for at least 3 consecutive years is required.
- Minimum of three years experience as a classroom teacher with additional experience in instructional leadership roles.
- Being knowledgeable with International Schools requirements (CIE, IB, AP..)
- Demonstrate a reasonable level of computer literacy.
Required Personal Qualities
- Have the spiritual maturity, academic ability, and personal leadership qualities to “train up a child in the way he should go” (Prov. 22:6).
- Be an enthusiastic visionary, an encourager, and a self-starter with a high energy level.
- Demonstrate sensitivity towards staff, parents, volunteers, and children, and an ability to interact effectively with them
- Understand the importance of discernment, discretion, and confidentiality in the operation of the school.
- Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to evaluate instructional program and teaching effectiveness
- Ability to coordinate Secondary school staff members and students
- Strong organizational, communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
Essential Job Functions—Accountabilities
Main functions will include but not are limited to:
- Assists in the establishment of goals and objectives for the School.
- Provides leadership in planning, implementing and evaluating instructional programs.
- Provides leadership in teaching techniques, innovation and class organization.
- Manage specific academic programs as required.
Staff Personnel Management
- Assists in the process of interviewing, evaluating, and selecting new staff members.
- Assists in the determination of staff needs.
- Assists in working with individual staff needs.
- Evaluate personnel and assist in the determination of goals to improve performance.
- Prepare formal evaluations for the staff members at the end of the year.
- Shall assist in the direction, supervision, and evaluation of the instructional program.
- Assists in the maintenance and improvement of the quality of the instructional program by being responsible for teacher implementation of the curriculum.
- Assists in providing the leadership necessary to ensure that each secondary teacher is following the Graded Course of Study.
- Coordinate and facilitate the development of the master timetable schedules
- Assists in the planning and implementing of programs for the health, safety and welfare of the students in the school.
- Supervises extra and co-curricular activities in the school at the direction of the school principal.
- Enforces and establishes disciplinary procedures in line with school vision and mission which allows students to realize their mistakes and growth in discipline; familiarizes students, staff, and parents with the school disciplinary procedures, hears and acts on behavior problems referred to the principal’s office together with the Holistic education coordinator.
- Conduct conferences on student issues with parents, students, and teachers.
- Assists in the communication between the school and the community.
- Assists in working with the local authorities.
- Assist in the planning and conducting of parents meetings and conferences like open house, midterm assessments etc.
- Use appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement in the school activities.
Staff Professional Growth
- Participates in professional growth activities.
- Participates in decision making, planning and evaluation of the staff members
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal.
Interested candidates should send their motivational letters, certificates and CV to these addresses: email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can also be dropped physically to the school offices in Nyarutarama near Christian Life Assembly.
Closing date for application: June 08th, 2018
Tentative date for interview: June 20, 2018
Commencement date: July 02nd 2018
Wellspring Academy is an equal opportunity school therefore we encourage qualified men and women to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interviews.